Saturday 19 March 2016

Is the key to unlocking the universe deep within ourseleves?

Roaming my world,
in troubled seas.
The ocean providing,
succulent scenes,
Breathing so calmly,
deeply begin.
Overpowering surrender
to the sounds all around.

Written and illustrated by Arana Kennedy

All our answers are hidden deep within
A3 ink on paper
contact info@AranaART.com

When life around me gets hectic, I want to run and hide and burry my head in the sand. Over the years I have learnt to channel this pain or release into my artwork. I revert to images that dance in my mind. With negative energy coursing through my body, I need to calm and slow down my brain. Relax and let go of the emotion and just focus on the moment. With a deep breath and a tiny spark of hope, I pick up my pen and begin to express what I feel in my pictures... This process quickly transforms the negative into a positive and before I notice I am once again inspired by the magic of life. We all living in the garden of Eden, Lets start respecting that!

Sometimes we need to go back to go forward...
The key to unlock the universe is deep within our soul.

As a child I watched Walt Disney movies... I believed that if your shared your dreams and wishes, they wouldn't come true. So I kept things of true value close to me while I observed my surroundings.
As a teenager I watched Star Wars... I believed in the force and that if you made a true sacrifice then one person would have the power to change the world. So I become a vegetarian and discovered a whole different perspective in the world.
In my twenties I watched Friends... I lived in a one bedroom apartment with 3 others. I learned that with next to nothing, you can survive and have a very rich life. You learn to share when you have nothing.
In my 30's I felt like I lost everything I had worked for so I moved to lamma island but it was too small so I went to the biggest island and lived in Sydney and sold wine! I thought at the time I was directionless... how wrong was I to think such thoughts... Everything in ones life has purpose and meaning.
I imagine that when I reach my 40's I will start to discover the true meaning of the word 'freedom' I believe I will quit my job, go in search of simplicity and focus on the dreams and wishes from my childhood. 

I am a work in progress, my artwork is a reflection of that process, if you free your mind and focus you can find true meaning in everything around you. My trick is to figure out how to do that with my art. Or has it started already ;)

Art is open for ones own interpretation, the trick of the artist is to tell a story in their art... If you can't see the story, maybe you need to look a bit closer.

THanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment