Friday 13 May 2016

SANGRIA & ART updated!

On Friday the 13th of May, I hosted my first sangria night... It was a small gathering, which lead to an impromptu 20th May Sangria night and also have a booking for first week in June. Officially I shall host an 'open house style' Sangria and Art night on

Friday 17th June

4-10pm

Hope to see you there...

Mini Art exhibition and catch up drinks!

Invitation to a private viewing in my gallery


Friday the 13th SANGRIA & ART

As I have my home gallery (an evolving work in progress) I am wanting to invite friends interested in art or my art (also evolving work in progress) , to feel they can pop in anytime for a drink and casual catch up with me (another evolving work in process) HAHA!

From here I am hoping to create a type of word of mouth, secret art gallery! ;) This idea has come from the pricing I set for my artwork. Calculated on the number of hours I spend working on a piece. When I started out, a gallery owner advised my prices were too low... and she promotly bumped them up when I was invited to exhibit in her gallery... After the event, I realised that including all the costs and the commission that goes to the gallery, I actually gained no extra $$ in that rather large price mark up... 

What is actually driving the price of art up, is how much its actually costs to promote it... and after all this extra effort to ensure sales... the artist dosen't really gain much extra $$ wise...

The middle man makes money from all the running around, the artist dosen't. When I was running around promoting attending events, I didn't have any time or engery for the actual artwork.

Long story short, its MUCH cheaper for me to start out this way and its the only way I can afford right now. So I do encourage all to pop in for a visit, all support is helpful :) Even online, these days :)

Sangria and Art was a fun night!

casual, small and friendly, they way I like to do things, this is my art and so I shall choose how it will be presented :)

One day you might see my art in the Lovure, but the support starts here... :) 

Sangria


2/4 red wine
1/4 juice
1/4 sprite & orange vodka

add ice and chopped fruit

And here's some of the art that was on display

With each event I include new art and older artwork... As my collection grows I am finding new ways everyday. Events help me to keep moving forward and making more artwork.


Inner conflict Outer grace

2 x 20 by 60cm canvas
artwork is featured on front and back

Dragon Identity II

canvas 60 by 120cm

Phoenix rising

canvas 30 by 60cm

HORSE - MA

canvas 80 by 120cm

Dragon Identity

canvas 45 by 90 cm

Friday june 17th!


Is my next ART & SANGRIA EVENT so mark it down in your calendar and come down and visit my gallery. Just message for details and bookings (which are free)

Thank you for reading!


No comments:

Post a Comment