Tuesday 31 May 2016

The Phoenix is rising

Phoenix Rising
watercolour & ink
A3 size
HK$ 5,800
May 2016
Artist Arana Kennedy

The Phoenix is rising

The fire has just begun...
a slow gentle flame 
Ignited by the possibility of freedom and hope
mythological creatures unite in the imagination
as a transformation begins
propelling upwards to the energy all around us

it gets under your skin
it eats at your core
it turns your world inside out
as you melt into a giant bowl of sparkling stars
you see clearly
your mind is free to think and ponder

Deep within the spirit breaks free
Leaving behind a world of tragedy and pain
Repairing the destruction that was here upon arrival
Looking to the past for the keys to unlock the future
Too fast they progress
they don't think but just act

Fear not for the Phoenix is rising
consumed by passion and wonder
driven by natural forces
beauty intensifying drawing light from the sun
enjoying the shadows in the moon
pulsating to the motion of the sea

Breath deep
the heat of the fire and the smoke of the flames
feel the burn and the calls of those in pain
Fix the broken
Help the needy
Stand up for all people and they will stand up for you

Sometimes when I am at a total loss of what to say, I just shut down and relax and just let the words take over. Painting with words I guess I'd like to call it. This fine creature in this artwork is symbolic as it represents and hurdle I have over come in my mind. These 'blockers' show up in the form of anxiety, fear and a general lack of inner self confidence.

Friends and family often tell me I'm brave and I find that really strange because most of the time I am absolutely terrified! But I guess that's just part of the package you would have to be totally insane not to feel some fear before jumping out of a plane. I guess the braver you are just means you have a higher tolerance to fear, maybe!? I guess watching all those horror movies prepared me to face fear in life LMAO... Nah! I going to cope out here and blame my parents for letting me watch Dr Who when I was 5 HAHAHA! I LOVED it! I was terrified watching it, but I still loved it... slept like a 5 year old should... soundly! That however wasn't the case for my poor cousin, he had nightmares.

Where did I pull the word "brave" from, you may ask? I think I was fairly brave trying to capture a phoenix rising out of fire... I love how the colours BOUNCE and the contrast of the black and white slightly merging with bold blends of yellow and red. I can't feel the grace... I know its there but its only very faint... like a whisper of a new born...

I shall not stop here... I will continue with more, for now the Phoenix watches with a wondering eye.

Thank you so much for reading, I will post a new blog with an art update in a few days.

by Arana Kennedy
www.AranaART.com
instagram
Arana ART
FB page
Arana ART
&
Arana's ART gallery

contact Arana
info@AranaART.com

No comments:

Post a Comment